Food prices are rising and consumers are paying a heavy price. CPI reached 7% in the UK in the year to March 2022 and 8% in the US. Pork prices are up 25% year on year.
- Energy prices have increased starkly too. Diesel and Gasoline have risen too making transport costs much higher.
- Problems at UK ports persist and there are still serious labour shortages including HGV drivers.
- Shanghai is still locked down with consequential impact on factory closures and ports at a standstill.
- P&O Ferries are still not working in the UK causing port congestion and delays and in addition there are still significant Brexit issues causing problems.
- World Bank Chief says it's time to diversify away from China.
- Minerals and metals are in short supply which has an impact on other products such as microchips.
- Avian flu gives rise to price increase in eggs (52%) and chicken meat.
- Canada invests $1.6 bn. In minerals to support EVB technology.
- Stagflation on the horizon?
- Catch up on the White House view of supply chains.
This is why you should listen to the Chain Reaction Podcast – All About Supply Chain Advantage. Evidenced based opinion delivered directly to you about everything happening in supply chains affecting business. Stay informed about supply chains by listening to Chain Reaction – subscribe today.