The Supply Chain News Round Up – All things happening in Supply Chains around the world.
- Lockdowns in China still causing disrupton but is there light at the end of the tunnel?
- Toyota and other automobile manufacturers still struggling to get hold of microchips.
- The UAE Trade Minister focused on global trade at Davos.
- Inflation at a 40 year high.
- Impending rail strike in the UK may disrupt food supplies as well as passenger transport.
- Europe forecast to lose nearly 8% GDP as a consequence of Russia's invasion in Ukraine
- US West Coast cargo down 17% at Oakland.
- Meat Trade in US experiencing labor and supply chain problems.
- Spain's regional cities redesign urban space to accommodate a surge in e-commerce.
- Cyber attacks in shipping impact profit.
- Retailers seeking active ways to deal with returns to stop rising cost of processing.
- The World Bank and International Monetary Fund have said reshoring will not soilve supply chain problems.
- The Brooking Institute has proposed solutions to the US semi-conductor supply problems.
- The problem with Just-In-Case solutions to supply chain problems.
- UK Fast Fashion Retailer Misguided enters administration because of supply chain issues.
- Bohoo shoppers impact profitablity with the increasing level of returns and supply chain hold-ups.
- Russia stops supplies to Finland as retaliation for their application to join NATO.
- Russian invasion of Ukraine is preventing grain from being shipped.
- Sri Lanka defaults on its international payments – first time in history, so what's going on?
- Apparently it has cost Russia $181 billion to invade Ukraine so far.
Don't forget tp catch up on episodes missed.
Next Up 'The Future of Supply Chains'
This is why you should listen to the Chain Reaction Podcast – All About Supply Chain Advantage. Evidenced based opinion delivered directly to you about everything happening in supply chains affecting business. Stay informed about supply chains by listening to Chain Reaction – subscribe today.