All things impacting global supply chains this week.
- Russia stops grain deal which means no grain will be exported by sea from Ukraine.
- Threats to land between Lithuania and Poland
- Europe's green energy plans under pressure.
- Tessla in the news as US regulator is investigating a crash in Lake Tahoe.
- Tata invests in UK battery plant in Somerset for Jahuar-Landrover.
- Renault and Geely invest £7 billion in engine plant joint venture HQ in the UK.
- CPTPP deal secured by UK Government. The first European Government to join.
- The UK also signed a trade deal with New Zealand.
- Inflation in the UK falls to 7.9 per cent.
- Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) completes a two month investigation int supermarket prices.
- Pfizer plant in Nort Carolina hit by Tornado disrupting supplies.
- Relaunch of the Moskvitch car brand.
- The Conference Board index in the US predicts recession.
- Membership club retailing comes to China.
- Economics of wind turbines change as raw material prices increase.
- Celebrated British poets deemed unsuitable to be Poet Laureate.
About Tony Hines and the Chain Reaction Podcast – All About Supply Chain Advantage
I have been researching and writing about supply chains for over 25 years. I wrote my first book on supply chain strategies in the early 2000s. Each week we have special episodes on particular topics relating to supply chains. We have a weekly news round up every Saturday at 12 noon. All things impacting global supply chains in that week, so come and join us on the Chain Reaction podcast. I look forward to seeing you there.
You can follow and subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform.
Follow like and share the Chain Reaction Podcast with colleagues and friends on social media.