All things impacting global supply chains this week with Tony Hines.
- Iran seized an Oil Tanker bound for Huston with Chevron Oil on board. This is retaliation for the US seizing Iranian Oil from a tanker around the coast of South Africa as part of US sanctions.
- Tighter US rules UFLPA have hit Vietnam's apparel industry hard.
- Rail Freight data reveals a fall of activity on the west coast of the US while east coast data shows increased freight volumes.
- Sudan humanitarian logistics to evacuate US, EU and UK nationals.
- Coronation of King Charles 3rd happens within a week. This generates much income for the economy by stimulating demand for goods and services.
- What happens when something goes wrong in global supply chains well it can be deadly. Toxic cough syrup manufactured in India found its way to Gambia and killed a number of children under 5 years old.
- San Francisco, First Republic is the third regional US Bank to fall into receivership.
- Exon Mobil and Chevron have mountains of cash that they do not know what to do with as a result of global gas and oil prices this year.
- The Book Depository closed its doors for the final time this week. It competed with Amazon since it was started by an ex-Amazon employee in 2004. It was taken over by Amazon in 2011.
- Generative AI featured in all the profit reports for Big Tech Companies.
- Implications of AI for supply chains.
About Tony Hines and the Chain Reaction Podcast – All About Supply Chain Advantage
I have been researching and writing about supply chains for over 25 years. I wrote my first book on supply chain strategies in the early 2000s. Each week we have special episodes on particular topics relating to supply chains. We have a weekly news round up every Saturday at 12 noon. All things impacting global supply chains in that week, so come and join us on the Chain Reaction podcast. I look forward to seeing you there.
You can follow and subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform.
Follow like and share the Chain Reaction Podcast with colleagues and friends on social media.